The role of the OBA
Our purpose and aims
Formed in 1999, the aim of the OBA is to provide a united body and voice for the many businesses in and around Overton. Our purpose is to support and promote their services to a wider audience. Helping Overton to remain and grow as a sustainable business hub is at the heart of everything we do is to. We work in partnerships with local businesses and other organisations to support the community.
Membership Benefits. How we help your business
How can the OBA help your business? Here are some of the core membership benefits:
- Information-packed directory entry – Here on Open Overton, members have a full profile, with photos, links and detailed descriptions of their business
- Promotional activities –Your business will be promoted via this website and our ‘Spotlight feature’; through shares, likes and posts on our Facebook page; by inclusion in the OBA leaflet (distributed to other villages) and with mentions at local events
- Networking opportunities – Regular meetings with other local business owners and a directory of members will allow you to make useful contacts and collaborations
- Business support – You will have access to advice and, potentially, funds via our strong relationship with the Economic Development Team at the Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council
- Campaign backing – We can offer to help to fight issues that matter to you, affecting our local area and economy, through our contact with our local councillors and MP
Become a member of the OBA and see the benefits for your business.